Staff: Mr Styles
The Leisure and Tourism industry is one the UK's largest employers, offering a variety of exciting and rewarding career possibilities.
Studying BTEC Leisure and Tourism gives young people the opportunity to develop a sound knowledge and understanding of the industry, providing them with a first step onto the career ladder.
This course offers students the opportunity to:
- Understand people's changing leisure activities and travel behaviour
- Investigate changes in the pattern of tourism, including the issue of sustainability
- Study employment in Leisure and Tourism and the issues faced by the industry including health and safety
- Explore Leisure and Tourism activities in the UK and abroad, including the businesses and organisations which make up this industry
- Gain skills in applying knowledge to real-world situations, including planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyse and evaluate evidence and sources to make reasoned judgements and draw conclusions.
For course content, please click here